Friday, April 15, 2011

Injury, Vacation, & Hope

Been a little busy lately so haven't made a new post in awhile.  We've had an injury in the family (the dog ;) ), vacation, and the possibility of moving and all the excitement that comes with that.

Our dog, Tsuba, broke one her nails and had to have it removed with surgery about two weeks ago.  I feel so bad for her.  I have to admit she looked adorable with her pink badges and her cone though.  Hehe.  She's a licking fiend normally, but she cannot lick her wound or it will get infected.  It's been difficult.  Especially on vacation.  On the trip home, Tsuba managed to get a good bite in on it and broke it open and bleed all over my pants.  Nasty.  The vet had to re-bandage it again for a few days.  We just took it off again per vet orders; she's under tight surveillance now to make sure she isn't licking it.  Also had to add some extra length to her cone of shame since she could still reach her front paw a little to easily.  It looks ghetto now, but so far it's working.

Tsuba sleeping on the pillows in the backseat on the way down
Photobucket

Sprawled like a seal on the downstairs bed
Photobucket

Vacation was fun.  My mom invited us to go to the Oregon coast with her and Madisen.  We were able to stay at my Aunt's house while we were there.  It was great seeing my aunt again; I haven't seen her in years.  We had a lot of fun!  We went to the beach and looked for pretty rocks, agates, and shells.  I brought back enough to fill glass jar.  Hehe.  We also went walking through some of the second hand and antique stores, which is always fun.  You never know what you are going to find in those places.  The times we just hung out and watched movies was fun as well.  The Oregon coast is one of my favorite places.  I hope we will be able to go vacation down there again in the next few years. 

My jar o' rocks
Photobucket

Everyone walking down the beach (well, except me ;p )
Photobucket

Spending time with Madisen is always great!  We had a ton of fun together.  She's getting so big!  She turned 9 years old yesterday.  We are planning to have her come stay with us for 2-3 weeks this summer.  It was a lot of fun when she stayed last summer.  I can't wait!  :)

Nothing like teaching your kid bad habits, hehe. Here's Madisen copying me by standing on the picnic table to take pictures.  Hehe
Photobucket

Her hopping around on the rocks and trying to not get wet
Photobucket

And for fun, a couple random pictures that I took while in the car on the way down to the coast.  It was all rainy, but the sun was still out in spots.  I like how these turned out.

Photobucket

Photobucket

When I get through all the pictures I took, I'll probably post them to my Facebook. Hopefully will get through them and post them by the end of tomorrow...again, hopefully. ;)

There is also a chance that we might have our own place by then.  Yay!!  The upstairs apartment is available and while it has it's flaws, it's super adorable and just big enough for the two of us.  I don't like getting my hopes up because it can lead to serious letdown, but I can't help it.  It would be amazingly awesome to get the place.  Hopefully we will find out relatively soon if we got it or not.  *fingers crossed*

2 comments:

  1. such an adorable doggy! hope she gets better soon! that 'seal' picture is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe thanks! She's adorable, but a handful. Lol!

    ReplyDelete