Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Orange Muffin Quest

I've been addicted to the Orange Muffins at Winco for awhile now.  They are seriously delicious.  They are also huge and well, while eating a giant muffin for breakfast is tasty, it's a bit too much.  I found a recipe for Orange Muffins on the internet about a month or so ago.  I thought I would give it a try hoping that I could get my muffin fix for cheaper and in a smaller size.

I made some not long ago and posted the picture on Facebook.  They didn't look very pretty, but they were pretty tasty.  The main problem I had with them is that I overcooked them.  I made them again a couple days ago, watching closely while they baked and they still ended up a little overcooked.  Sigh.  Going to have to try again eventually.

I have to admit these ones turned out prettier this time around. 

Photobucket

If anyone wants to know the recipe, I got it from MeSmash.com ( Website Link ) and I posted it below as well.

Orange Muffin Recipe:
Ingredients:
3/4 Cup Cooking Oil
1 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1 1/2 Cup Flour
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Vanilla
1/4 Cup Fresh Orange Juice
2 Tbsp Grated Orange Rind

Glaze:
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Tbsp Orange Juice

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350F.  Grease muffin pan.  Combine oil, sugar and eggs and mix well.  Add remaining ingredients and blend.  Pour into muffin pan.  Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.  Remove from oven to cool slightly.  For glaze, mix two ingredients together, then drizzle over warm muffins.  (Note: I made a bit more glaze and put a little extra OJ and dunked them)

No comments:

Post a Comment